Vaccination centers throughout NZ will remain closed on 18 & 19 August 2021
As a result of COVID-19 Alert Level 4 from 11.59pm last night, all Hamilton City Council buildings and facilities are closed for next three days.
This includes all Hamilton City Libraries, Waterworld, the Gallagher Aquatic Centre, Hamilton Zoo, Waikato Museum, ArtsPost , Hamilton i-SITE and Hamilton Gardens’ enclosed gardens. Playgrounds will also be closed; however dog parks will remain open.
All Council’s core services will continue to operate, and residents will continue to have their rubbish and recycling collected. Many other Council services will continue to operate online or via phone and email.
Council’s East Ward By-Election voting was due to close tomorrow (18 August), but has been extended to midday, Wednesday 25 August.
All vaccination centres in New Zealand will be closed on Wednesday 18 and Thursday 19 August to enable them to prepare for Alert Level 4 protocols.
Meanwhile, four more Covid positive cases have been discovered in community and all are now confirmed as the Delta variant.
Therefore, it is imperative that people follow ALERT Level 4 guidelines that include:
- Staying at home
- Wear a face covering
- All public facilities, including educational facilities, must close
- Events, including family and social gatherings cannot go ahead
- You can go for a walk, run or bike ride in your local area
- Have physical contact only with the people you live with
- Health and medical facilities will remain open
- All types of transport and travel are restricted, etc
For detailed info, please visit:
NewsViews- your community-focused news portal, from Hamilton